Monday, April 23, 2012

Day Twenty: Let's (blank)

When I saw this prompt
My first thought
was something quite inappropriate
But the thing is,
once I get my teeth
into an idea
Well, I just can't let it go

So here's an idea
Instead of my inappropriate choice
Let's think about a few things
that have been on my mind

I had a dream about that night, again
that time you almost kissed me;
that time I wanted you to kiss me
I often think on
what would've happened
If we'd been just a bit more bold

There are a few nights that just stick with me
Tea in the study room (or laundry room)
when we did our homework together
Or the stupid bullheaded walk I made
in the dead of winter
just to take a picture
Making sandwiches
in the middle of the night
(we did that several times, didn't we?)

This is so very rambling
but it's mine,
so who gives a hoot?

No comments:

Post a Comment